Friday, January 13, 2006

Surprise!

Long Time no update.. I know I am such a slacker! Well not really. You see on Dec. 9th, 2005 Christopher and I found out that we are going to be parents again but because we were waiting to tell the majority of my family about our new bundle of joy on Christmas day. Since that is our biggest news here I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I am due about Aug. 10,2006 so I am 10 weeks along in the pregnancy and things are going along okay. I was still nursing Ephriam when we got our surprise but ever since Ephriam has had a taste of whole milk he wanted nothing to do with mom. Which was nice because nursing him only made me more sick to my stomach then just being pregnant. I had to take some medicine with Ephriam to get myself feeling good enough to eat and I had to do that again with this baby. I am almost in the clear of being sick but who knows what is next. With Ephriam I then got a skin rash. Hopefully I can just enjoy the next few months before it gets hot and sticky and I am swollen and a hippo!
We got to really enjoy Christmas this year. We had the Walker family Christmas the Sunday before Christmas and it was nice to get to see what everyone got from who. On Christmas Eve I was suppose to work and ended up getting called off work and was able to do Christmas with Chris. The next morning Santa made his first visit to our house. Ephriam got a ton of toys! So many that towards the end of opening them he had lost interest in them. We then packed up the car and headed North to Toledo to do Christmas with my extended family and tell them our great news. We came back into town the day after Christmas so that we could work all week and then head the following weekend to TN to be with my Mom, Dad, and Brother to do Christmas with them. It was very nice to do Christmas all together with them this year. Last year due to Ephriam's birth I was unable to see my brother at all for Christmas. It was much better having him around to celebrate with us and I hope that we don't have to ever do that again.
After we got back for TN we were able to take a break and be at home. It has been nice to not have too many place to go and to get to spend time together as a family. Our next big adventure come in May.
Ephriam is doing great and getting big fast. I can't believe that my baby turned 1 on Dec. 29th! He was a trooper with his cake you will have to check it out on our web page at http://twenty4seven.dyndns.org/ There are also tons of photos of him up there too. He is not walking yet but is pulling himself up on anything that he can. It won't be long and he will be all over the place. He is talking a little bit now He say Hi, dada, yeah, and yea! He of course only says mama when she is not around. He has picked up a lot from the sitters house. He is now FINALLY started to pick up foods and put it in his mouth. We are still working on him getting his sippy cup but I am sure that won't be long to follow. I really think that he is going to be a great big brother. I am most worried about him smothering the baby with hugs and kisses then anything. He loves babies. He digs my babies r us magazines out from under all sorts of things just to get to the babies. He is still a happy kid and growing up so fast.
Christopher is doing alright too. He is still working the same job right now and continues to look for something that is more up his alley.
I am enjoying my position up on Family Birthplace and can't wait to see what it is going to be like to have my co workers be there for the birth of the new baby but I will not have to worry about going into labor at work. I am defiantly in the right spot.
Well I think that is all for now. I will also be back on track on updating this from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home